Friday, December 23, 2011

A Little Taste of Wisconsin Winter & My Friday Frenzy

I'm visiting my parents during the holidays and when I arrived there wasn't any snow. I was honestly disappointed. My theory is if it has to be cold there should be snow. When I left NYC earlier this week it was 45 degrees...a couple of days later this morning in WI it was 9 degrees. So, I was happy that it snowed a couple of nights ago. I really do love the snow when I don't have schlep through it.


My parents have lived in the same house for almost 30 years and prior to that we lived next door. My Mom has beautiful flower gardens in the summer and with the blanket of snow they were just as beautiful so I had to take a few pictures.

Wisconsin Winter                           (c) Lori L. Moon
My Dad, owned an auto body shop for years, it is located next to my parents home. He is now retired and dabbles at being creative and artistic. He creates these birds out of found parts: bicycle forks, shovels, rakes, etc. I love them. Recently he's collected a lot of parts so more birds are to be welded together in the future. Having been an auto body guy he finishes them by painting them with car paint and a coat of clear. Love them!

Birds (c) Murray Moon                                      Photo (c) Lori L. Moon
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My Friday Frenzy this week is much like everyone else's, I would assume:


  • cookie baking this afternoon
  • more journal making
  • travel to visit extended family on Christmas
  • yummy food
  • playing cards
  • and this year watching the Packers play football on Christmas night
What frenzy do you have planned for your weekend?


1 comment:

  1. Sigh.... LOVE your snow pictures!! I grew up on the prairies of Alberta and after 22 years of green Christmases here in Victoria I still miss the snow. And I love your Dad's pieces! It's great to see upcycled beautiful pieces of art. It makes my little treehugger heart happy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...