Friday, April 27, 2012

In The Picture and a Little Bliss

Today I'm linking up with Urban Muser 

Urban Muser hosts a self portrait link up each month and inspires us with a theme. This month her {in the picture} theme is shake it out.  I was inspired by a child, who in the middle of the bus, had a fit in public. He literally laid on the floor of the bus on his back and kicked and screamed. Oh, there are times when I wish I could that - - so, in the privacy of my own home, I did. 
Tucker was fascinated.

Fits    - - Shake It Out Theme hosted by Urban Muser {in the picture}
By the way, I felt so much better after letting it all go. The tension released, I laughed, I smiled - it is crazy to think how much stress my body was holding on to. I recommend you try this (in private, of course, you would look a little strange if you did it on the bus). :)

 Make sure you hop on over and check out the other amazing self portraits this month.

In The Picture


I am also linking up with Liv Lane's Little Bliss List. Each week she encourages us to share the little things that have touched our hearts and brought us a little bliss during the previous week.

1. Happiness Fairies...they just keep showing up in my life. This past week I arrived at my day job, opened my computer, and was greeted by the message below.


Serious bliss for most of the morning. It now greets me every day.

2. I am completely enjoying my April Paper Coterie Instagram photo prompts each day. They bring a little bliss to my days filled with spreadsheets and phone calls.

3. I love my early mornings. I wake at 6am so that I can do something creative before I start my crazy day job day. It is also, selfishly, the only alone time I get.

4. I call the crew in the picture to my right, my Creative Team and 6am friends. They greet me each morning. Tucker often sits on the end of the bed, sleeps, looks around, purrs, etc. By the way, these are his toys - he sleeps with them, kneads them, fights with them, etc. Happily their true input is to make me smile.


Just a reminder that on May 1st my May Flower Challenge begins. I am hosting a link party each day. The only rules are that your blog post or flickr photo that you link must contain flowers. I'm fascinated with flowers. They are all over my tiny apartment. I photograph them all the time. I draw them, paint , doodle them, create them out of paper... I also see them all over the NYC. So, each day I will post flowers and I hope that you will join in. Click above on the May Flower Challenge Page to learn more. 



17 comments:

  1. i am glad my little project inspired you to do this and capture it with your camera! it's a great shot. my cat jumps into my selfies often too--she just can't help herself. thanks for linking up at {in the picture} this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. smiling at tucker's fascination with your experience.
    fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would we do without our furbabes? Tucker is a great friend. So nice to find a surprise that makes you smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice seeing you and Tucker {in the picture}. I love that Bliss List. What a great idea for your Flower Challenge. May is the perfect month for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful list, Lori - and I love that you decided to shake things up! It is so true that we unknowingly hold so much stress in these bodies of ours. Glad you could work some of it out with a faithful companion to watch and make sure you were fine. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice bliss list. The May challenge sounds interesting. I may hop over. My cats patiently wait for me to get up in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Temper tantrum, what a great idea for a selfie and for gift to self. I have a friend that used to say when things were frustrating "If this doesn't happen soon, I'm going to throw myself down on the floor and pound my hands and feet like a 2 yr old". He was only kidding, but it made me laugh-however, perhaps in private it is a wonderful thing. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an awesome idea! i love your inspiration for the self portrait. and hey - i just realized who you are on instagram! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like, and sounds like, fun. I'll just have to wait until hubby goes out to try it or he mught feel compelled to take me to a doctor. Great image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! My cat would be quite fascinated by that, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to know what was going through Tucker's little kitty brain right at that moment ;) Just signed up for your May Flower Challenge--I'm flower obsessed, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    Very nice post and cool picture!
    Cheers from France

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your shot! and it's even better that it helped you to get some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like you both got to shake it out. Great vibe and movement!
    Love that this months meme has helped so many of us shift our energy around.
    See you round next month ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm seriously inspired
    to have a beauty
    of a meltdown
    the very next time
    i'm feeling it!
    pure aweseomeness, that:)
    thanks for sharing all this yummy goodness,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your selfie. I feel like that sometimes too! Great interpretation of 'shaking it out'. I've been loving Paper Coterie's April prompts too...are you doing May?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...