Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WOYWW - What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday?

I am hooking up with Julia over at Stamping Ground

It has been too long since I shared my desk but below is why. My desk doubles as a cat perch (prime sunny window seat in my tiny apartment) and it has become the catch all for my supplies. I need to create more space in my apartment I just haven't figured out how or where to do that. My decision honestly is to move but in NYC that isn't easy so I will need to figure it out soon.

But, as you see there are some yummy buttons, markers, an inspiration deck that needs attention and piles.


Where I create has become the top of my bed. There is just more space. So, armed with newspaper and wax paper I often spread out and create. Besides the occasional cat stepping on something or often getting their nose painted this works for me.

Below is one of my inspirational decks. I am participating in a swap with the other ladies from 2011 Flying Lessons e-course. Many of us still keep in touch on Facebook and I signed up to do 2 decks and they are due next week so I need to work fast. This deck will all say 'small steps BIG celebrations'.  I believe that we need to celebrate the little accomplishments on the way to achieving our goals - it makes the journey more enjoyable.


A regular deck of playing cards and gesso then for this deck watercolors and waterproof markers.


Then I am also working on my Creative Color Challenge piece. This month the colors are red and Louise threw in a theme roses. So, inspired by photos that I took of a single rose while visiting my Mom I drew the below. Tonight I will use Tombow markers and water to add my color (thus fulfilling my Bloom page for my Color Love class). Wow, way to link all the fun creative things together - yahoo!  Check back on Friday when I post the finished piece and the photos that inspired me.


Do me a favor and hop over to Julia's blog at Stamping Ground - randomly pick 5 people from the long list of people who play along and visit their desks this week. 

You just never know what might inspire you.

9 comments:

  1. Your drawing is wonderful! And what a cool idea to alter a deck of cards! I, too, have a cat and she takes over my chair so it's full of hair and stickers from outdoors. Makes for an exciting "sit" now and then!
    Happy WOYWW! Carol N #121

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, sometimes my cats think that me doing art means that it is play time. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful artwork, so creative. I love the idea of altering a pack of cards.

    Happy WOYWW

    Zoe #54

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards & drawing, happy crafting jill#73

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your artwork, the colours are my favourites at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to alter a deck of cards. Happy crafting...Judith, Texas #130

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so impressed with how well you manage in your little space and all the beauty you make there. Have you considered a metal strip like mine so you can go vertical??? Have a wonderful week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, a great idea about the card altering Thanks for my snoop! HaPpY wOyWw!!
    Sorry very late, builders are here putting in new windows. Happy Crafting!!
    ((Lyn)) #32

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy WOYWW! i too would like to have more space! you seem to be managing well since you have made all these cards!
    thanks for sharing!
    hugs,#23
    peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...