Sunday, July 1, 2012

Photo-Heart Connection - June





This still brings a smile to my face and my heart.

I stumbled upon this hopscotch grid while walking home through Central Park one day last week.

I can imagine the giggles, the excitement of running back to the beginning to do it again, the pure joy the at the children felt while they were playing this before I discovered it.

And, the energy that they left when they were done lingered all around me as I stood in this spot.

For a moment, all my concerns were washed away. 

Honestly, I felt like I was 8 again. 

I tossed a stone and hopped
and
I did it again.

As I walked away, I saw 2 other adults stop and play and I giggled out loud.

Ahh, the joy that those children shared with a little sidewalk chalk.

I smiled from deep within and I continued my walk home with that smile in my heart.


I am linking up with Kat at Kat Eye Studio and her Photo Heart Connection today. Each month she asks us to review the photos that we have taken during the past month and select the photo that speaks to our heart. Please visit her blog and stalk the other participants posts - the photos are amazing and the stories that have been written about them are touching.


18 comments:

  1. Hi Lori, I love your hopscotch shot! I used to love that game in the school yard. It's so great to let the child within to have a little fun, isn't it?! Nice heart-connection, I can feel it with you! Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet memories. I loved to play when I was a little girl and now I see my granddaughters playing Hopscotch. Sweet Memories! Thanks for sharing...Judith, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori,

    I am just amazed at the things you find - so simple yet so uplifting! I would have done exactly as you, stop and giggle and hop away!

    What a great post to read on a lazy Sunday morning!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Lori, You captured such great memories of childhood! I glad you took the time to hop! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great photo heart connection, fun childhood memories for you & others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, childhood where life was easier ... I love those kind of memories - and a superb picture you made for this memory. Thanks for showing

    my contribution is here to be seen:
    http://www.starone.dk/bhome/?p=72

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photo-heart connection seems to have connected with all of us! It brought childhood memories and smiles! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet image -- and takes me back to my hopscotch days. NIce to know that some kids are still playing the game.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely memories came from you paying attention to the moment, remembering childhood pleasures and capturing them al with your camera and words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this shot and remember alot of fun that I had my self as a girl on a grid just like this one. What a mess we made of the sidewalks with all of that colored chalk!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful heart connection, I can hear your giggle, or is that mine? : ) I also love it as evidence that not only was someone there, but they had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shot and I loved reading your connection. My daughter (6) is very in to hopscotch at the minute and it really takes me back when I join in with her. Love the memories that it evokes which you've described beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely picture - and reminder to hop, skip and jump!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, the joys of hopscotch and the games of childhood. I spent many summers with my cousins making mud pies, cakes, and cookies. The memory of days spent "cooking" in our mud stand (that's what we called it) still make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one made me grin as soon as I saw it! Some things are just timeless in their fun...so glad you played. I would have as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the fun of this sweet memory, thank you for sharing and let me be a little girl for a while, stepping in my own memory.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome, I loved this game, your shot and words brought back tons of memories and made me smile, thanks for sharing this precious moment, wonderful photo-heart connection

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the carefree joy that your words and image evoke! I think I would have had to do the hopscotch too. I can't resist when I come across them. Such a simple thing, but so much fun. I am giggling with you! Thanks for joining in the Photo-Heart Connection this month. I love having you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...